Re: Re: Query precompilation?

От Dominic J. Eidson
Тема Re: Re: Query precompilation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Mario Weilguni wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, but that's not disabling autocommit, it committing by
> hand. What I mean ist Oracle-behaviour --> everthing is a transaction and
> must be commited by "COMMIT". What I ment was something like "SET autocommit
> to OFF" or something like this.

Everything _is_ a transaction - the BEGIN ... COMMIT is implied, if you
don't wrap your SQL statements in BEGIN ... COMMIT.

Compare:

dominic=# INSERT INTO pages ( page_from, page_to, page_data ) VALUES ( 'Dominic', '555-1212', 'This is a test page');
INSERT 945129 1

[ This was one transaction ]
dominic=# SELECT count(*) FROM pages;
 count
-------
     1
(1 row)

[ This was the second transaction ]

... for a total of two transactions, as opposed to:

dominic=# BEGIN;
BEGIN
dominic=# INSERT INTO pages ( page_from, page_to, page_data ) VALUES ( 'Dominic', '555-1212', 'Test page number two.'
);
INSERT 945130 1
dominic=# SELECT count(*) FROM pages;
 count