Re: Re: Query precompilation?

От Mario Weilguni
Тема Re: Re: Query precompilation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

Thanks for the answer, but that's not disabling autocommit, it committing by
hand. What I mean ist Oracle-behaviour --> everthing is a transaction and
must be commited by "COMMIT". What I ment was something like "SET autocommit
to OFF" or something like this.

Anyway, thanks for your answer, now I know it's not possible.

Ciao,
         Mario

Am Dienstag, 27. Februar 2001 22:29 schrieben Sie:
> Mario,
>
> > This sounds nice, but I've read a lot of postgres documents and still do
> > not know how to disable autocommit. Is this possible? And how?
>
> Yes, you can disable autocommit.  All you have to do is wrap your SQL
> statements within an explicit BEGIN ... COMMIT block.
>
> Regards, Joe
>
> --
> Joe Mitchell                      joe.mitchell@greatbridge.com
> Knowledge Engineer                757.233.5567 voice
> Great Bridge, LLC                 757.233.5555 fax
> www.greatbridge.com

 Mario Weilguni                               KPNQwest Austria GmbH
 Senior Engineer Web Solutions                         Nikolaiplatz 4
 tel: +43-316-813824                                8020 graz, austria
 fax: +43-316-813824-26                    http://www.kpnqwest.at
 e-mail: mario.weilguni@kpnqwest.com