Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?

От Cedar Cox
Тема Re: How do I install PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers for Windows from Source?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, David Zoll wrote:

> I need to test ODBC access to PostgreSQL from Windows clients.  Since
> the latest binary distribution (postdrv.exe version 6.50.0) seems to be
> password protected, and nobody seems to know the password, I downloaded
> the source.  Everything compiled fine in Visual C++ 6.0, and I now have
> a psglodbc.dll file.

I know I've said this before, but I still suspect a virus is at work.
David, where did you download postdrv.exe?  If the same file is running
correctly on someone else's system and asking for a password on yours,
something strange is going on, to say the least.  I've seen this before
with a different packager/installer, as well as self extracting winzip
archives being corrupted.  If you have anti-virus software, make sure you
update to the latest virus defs.  If not, at least go to www.pspl.com and
get the CIH virus cleaner (and run it from dos mode).

-Cedar