Re: Please help with PostgreSQL

От Cedar Cox
Тема Re: Please help with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On 9 Jan 2001, Javier Reniz wrote:
> I tried to compile the examples about Programming Interfaces (libpq, libpq++)
> from published book about postgres but it returns an error for each call to
> library "libpq-fe.h".

What error?  Is it file not found?... This from a Jan 3 message:

-> make produces an error message saying "libpq-fe.h: No such file or
-> directory". I have found documentation around the Internet saying that
-> this file is required by programs using libpq.so but have not been able
-> to find where I can get this header file from!!
-
-Make sure you have the 'postgresql-devel' RPM installed, and set
-POSTGRES_INCLUDE to /usr/include/pgsql.

So, make sure you have the 'postgresql-devel' RPM installed.

> I don´t know if the problem is about enviroment variables (I programming as
> root and/or Postgres user) or is the compilation instruction (gcc -o program.c
> program.o)

I would suggest not programming as root.

-Cedar