Re: psql question

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: psql question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Joe Conway writes:

> On machines where I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0.2 from RPM, psql allows use
> of the up arrow key for history and the escape/tab key for command
> completion, but on my remote web host (webpipe.net) those keys don't work.
> What do I need to do to get these features working on my remote web host?
> I've seen reference to .psqlrc in the psql man file, but not much else (no
> syntax, etc).

If you compiled from source, make sure you had the readline-devel package
installed.

$ man psql

<snip>      If you have the readline library installed but  psql  does      not  seem  to  use  it, you must make sure
thatPostgres's      top-level configure script finds it.  configure  needs  to      find  both  the library
libreadline.a(or a shared library      equivalent) and the header files readline.h and  history.h      (or
readline/readline.hand readline/history.h) in appro­      priate directories. If you have  the  library  and  header
 files  installed in an obscure place you must tell config­      ure about them, for example:      $ ./configure
--with-includes=/opt/gnu/include--with-libs=/opt/gnu/lib ...      Then you have  to  recompile  psql  (not  necessarily
the      entire code tree).      The GNU readline library can be obtained from the GNU pro­      ject's      FTP
server     at      ftp://ftp.gnu.org      <URL:ftp://ftp.gnu.org>.