Re: psql question

От Mathijs Brands
Тема Re: psql question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 07:31:36PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut allegedly wrote:
> Joe Conway writes:
>
> > On machines where I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0.2 from RPM, psql allows use
> > of the up arrow key for history and the escape/tab key for command
> > completion, but on my remote web host (webpipe.net) those keys don't work.
> > What do I need to do to get these features working on my remote web host?
> > I've seen reference to .psqlrc in the psql man file, but not much else (no
> > syntax, etc).
>
> If you compiled from source, make sure you had the readline-devel package
> installed.

Also, check the version of the psql shell. 6.x won't do a lot of those neat
little things that make life easier in 7.x.

Mathijs
--
It's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
rewards idiotic behavior in a way that no other language or tool has

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: