Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > Bruce Momjian - CVS writes:
> >
> > > FAQ_MSWIN is better than INSTALL_MSWIN
> >
> > No it's not...  The file in question doesn't contain any questions or
> > answers, it contains installation instructions for Windows.  Oh, and yes,
> > Microsoft does own the Windows name.
>
> I don't like to make the MS stuff look any more obvious than it already
> is so I threw it into FAQ.

First, since when are we in the business of hiding away documentation for
a supported platform, and second, how does putting installation
instructions into a file named "FAQ" make it less "obvious"?

> And I run X-Windows, thank you.  :-)

:      The X Consortium requests that the following names be used
:      when referring to this software:
:
:                                   X
:                            X Window System
:                              X Version 11
:                      X Window System, Version 11
:                                  X11