Re: pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)
Дата
Re: pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
> Bruce Momjian writes:

> > > No it's not...  The file in question doesn't contain any questions or
> > > answers, it contains installation instructions for Windows.  Oh, and yes,
> > > Microsoft does own the Windows name.
> >
> > I don't like to make the MS stuff look any more obvious than it already
> > is so I threw it into FAQ.
>
> First, since when are we in the business of hiding away documentation for
> a supported platform, and second, how does putting installation
> instructions into a file named "FAQ" make it less "obvious"?

Help, I am losing here.  Does anyone want to help me...  :-)

> > And I run X-Windows, thank you.  :-)
>
> :      The X Consortium requests that the following names be used
> :      when referring to this software:
> :
> :                                   X
> :                            X Window System
> :                              X Version 11
> :                      X Window System, Version 11
> :                                  X11

No one calls it the X Window System, they call it X Windows, and if MS
owns the word Windows, we are in trouble.  It means they own half our
name.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)
Сообщение: Re: pgsql/doc (FAQ_MSWIN INSTALL_MSWIN)