pg_hba.conf problems with Postgresql 7.0.2

От Alexey Rodriguez Yakushev
Тема pg_hba.conf problems with Postgresql 7.0.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    Hello guys, i have downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 7.0.2 as
rpms for redhat. Everything seems to be working, except remote
authentication, i just added this simple line to pg_hba.conf and it
doesn't work. BTW i restarted the daemon every time i made a change.

host         all         166.114.102.20  255.255.255.255   trust

I can't connect to DB server from 166.114.102.20 when trying to connect i
get an error message.

$ psql -uh <server host> guia          # i answer to username and password

psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 166.114.102.20, user postgres,
database guia

I am pretty sure this worked in previous versions. Any hint will be very
helpful. Please reply directly to me since i am not subscribed to the
mailing list. Thanks.
                    Alexey