Re: SQLException from Postgres JDBC

От Peter Mount
Тема Re: SQLException from Postgres JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Daniel Gayo Avello wrote:

> Hi, everybody! I've got a problem with Postgres JDBC driver and
> perhaps somebody could help me. I'm using JDK 1.2.2, JSK 2.0,
> PostgreSQL 7.0.2 and Apache JServ 1.1.2 and my servlets throw a
> SQLException when I try to perform a INSERT or DELETE operation...
>
> In fact, the operations are done but they don't return any results so
> a exception is catch by the servlet.
>
> Does somebody know the way to avoid this?

Which method are you using to perform the INSERT or DELETE?

You should be using executeUpdate() rather than executeQuery() because
executeUpdate() doesn't expect a ResultSet to be returned, and
executeQuery should throw an SQLException when it fails to get one.

An alternative (if you don't know what the query will be) is execute(),
but you then have to handle ResultGet accordingly.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

Сообщение: Re: SQLException from Postgres JDBC
Сообщение: Re: SQLException from Postgres JDBC