Re: ODBC configure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ODBC configure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> I don't have a problem with ODBC having it's own configure script, if
> that's what's desired, but then it needs to be used unconditionally.
> Running the standalone and the integrated show at the same time doesn't
> work.

Further investigation shows that the standalone build is completely broken
and apparently no longer maintained. Thus, is there any point in trying to
keep it?

> (Incidentally, I think the ODBC thing is simple enough to just use
> Automake on it and be done with it. Then we don't need any templates or
> port makefiles or whatever.)

FWIW, I just did tried that conversion and it's really very nice (after
fixing some of shared-lib-on-linux-only funny business). So in case you
wanna keep the separate build after all...