Re: Re: ODBC configure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: ODBC configure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wrote:
>> I don't have a problem with ODBC having it's own configure script, if
>> that's what's desired, but then it needs to be used unconditionally.
>> Running the standalone and the integrated show at the same time doesn't
>> work.

> Further investigation shows that the standalone build is completely broken
> and apparently no longer maintained. Thus, is there any point in trying to
> keep it?

AFAICS the only situation where a separate build of ODBC is really
useful is to build a Windows executable of the ODBC driver --- but
of course the autoconf stuff doesn't support that anyway.

For Unix purposes I'd be in favor of making ODBC just another interface
that's built as part of the main build ... but let's see what Lockhart
has to say about it.  I think he was responsible for setting it up this
way in the first place, so maybe he's got a good reason for it.