Re: ODBC and crypted passwords

От Henk van Lingen
Тема Re: ODBC and crypted passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
 > > If anyone is interested, you can find my connection.c and new DLL here: > > http://www.cs.uu.nl/~henkvl/psqlodbc/
> > Is the change done in a way that does not *require* crypt? If so,

If I understand what you mean: I think so. I just included the crypt
function in connection.c so that file is all you need.
 > would you consider submitting this as a feature to the main code tree?

Yes, but I have to lookup how that should be done first...

Anyways, I have a related question. Watching the debug-logfile, I was
puzzled by that fact that the backend gave the odbc frontend another
salt every try. Looking at the backend sources I found out that this
is just the way it works. The server stores just the passwords ( in
binary), not encrypted passwords. This must be the reason there is no
'map option' in pg_hba.conf for crypted passwords and no way to use
the normal UNIX password file as you can do with unencrypted authentication.

But maybe nobody wants that. Just curious...

Regards,
| Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator,             <henkvl@cs.uu.nl> |
| Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.  phone: +31-30-2535278 |
+----------------- http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/henkvl/ ------------------+

Сообщение: Re: ODBC and crypted passwords
Сообщение: RE: ODBC and crypted passwords