RE: ODBC and crypted passwords

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: ODBC and crypted passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
One thing that may be useful, is not to check against the unix password
file, but to use PAM. That way, you could even authenticate against the
dreadded NT accounts, unix password file, dbm file etc...

Anyhow, this is something to think about for the future ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Henk van Lingen [mailto:henkvl@cs.uu.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 10:47 AM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC and crypted passwords

[snip]

Anyways, I have a related question. Watching the debug-logfile, I was
puzzled by that fact that the backend gave the odbc frontend another
salt every try. Looking at the backend sources I found out that this
is just the way it works. The server stores just the passwords ( in
binary), not encrypted passwords. This must be the reason there is no
'map option' in pg_hba.conf for crypted passwords and no way to use
the normal UNIX password file as you can do with unencrypted
authentication.

But maybe nobody wants that. Just curious...

Regards,
+
| Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator,             <henkvl@cs.uu.nl>
|
| Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.  phone: +31-30-2535278

+----------------- http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/henkvl/

Сообщение: Re: ODBC and crypted passwords
Сообщение: Re: ODBC and crypted passwords