Re: granting permission to groups?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: granting permission to groups?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank P. Miles writes:

> Sorry for my lack of specificity.  Using the syntax in the 'GRANT'
> section of the Postgresql manual, I inserted a group into pg_group,
> then created users within that group, then granted SELECT permissions
> for the group. There were no error messages; these steps appeared to
> work properly. Unfortunately, users are still unable to do SELECTs,
> though they are able to do a 'psql database-name', and list the
> tables.

Let's see ...

peter=# create user unpriv;
CREATE USER
peter=# create table test (a int);
CREATE
peter=# \c - unpriv
You are now connected as new user unpriv.
peter=> select * from test;
ERROR:  test: Permission denied.
peter=> \c - peter
You are now connected as new user peter.
peter=# create group testgrp with user unpriv;
CREATE GROUP
peter=# grant select on test to group testgrp;
CHANGE
peter=# \c - unpriv
You are now connected as new user unpriv.
peter=> select * from test;
---
(0 rows)

Looks okay.

The permission checking code didn't change (to my knowledge) since 6.5, so
yes, it should work. If it still doesn't work for you I'd need to see
pg_users, pg_group and the output of \d and \z in psql.