Re: [GENERAL] Variable case database names

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Variable case database names
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Variable case database names  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
There is some code in libpq which converts all database names to
lower-case, unless it's double quoted. That seems a little ill-conceived
to me, since you'd actually have to pass it something like
PGconnectdb("dbname=\"Newnham\"");

If anything, this would make it inconvenient it psql, because you'd have
to write
\c '"Newnham"'
since
\c "Newnham"
is interpreted differently.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? Why not leave the name as is?

On 2000-01-20, Patrick Welche mentioned: