Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Variable case database names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Variable case database names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There is some code in libpq which converts all database names to
> lower-case, unless it's double quoted. That seems a little ill-conceived
> to me,

I think you are probably right.  The backend might try to lowercase the
name when it gets it, but it seems like libpq shouldn't be doing so
(any more than it's responsible for downcasing identifiers used in
SQL commands).

If the backend *does* lowercase the DB name used in a connect command,
is there any way to use a mixed-case DB name?  I'm not sure there is...