Re: [HACKERS] Create Group

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1999-12-13, Tom Lane mentioned:

> > Also, why can pg_group not be vacuumed? (pg_shadow can.) With all this
> > testing, mine is filling up.
>
> > Perhaps related, but just out of curiosity: Why is pg_group a system
> > relatation (pg_class.relkind='s')?
>
> That seems wrong, wrong, wrong --- and it probably explains why VACUUM
> won't touch it.  's' is for special relations not system relations, and
> pg_group is not special.  I'm surprised it works at all...

NOTICE:  Vacuum: can not process index and certain system tables

Feel free to change this sooner rather than later because it also throws
off a few other things (e.g., psql and pg_dump probably). I couldn't even
find the place where this is specified in the catalogs. I really assume
this is an accident that has gone unnoticed because of the lack of usage.

Afterthought: The last claim seems to be supported by code fragments such
as this:

#define Natts_pg_group                  1
#define Anum_pg_group_groname   1
#define Anum_pg_group_grosysid  2
#define Anum_pg_group_grolist   3