Re: [HACKERS] Create Group

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create Group
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Now I do
> template1=> alter group one add user foo;
> NOTICE:  Cannot add users to a group, yet.
> ALTER USER
> /* OK */
> template1=> alter group two add user foo;
> AlterGroup: Group "two" does not exist.
> /* Huh? */

I'll bet you forgot to update the indexes on pg_group.  heap_insert is
not sufficient for a table that has indexes; you have to do a little
number that typically looks like (this example from the COMMENT code):
   if (RelationGetForm(description)->relhasindex) {     Relation idescs[Num_pg_description_indices];
CatalogOpenIndices(Num_pg_description_indices,         Name_pg_description_indices, idescs);
CatalogIndexInsert(idescs,Num_pg_description_indices, description,          desctuple);
CatalogCloseIndices(Num_pg_description_indices,idescs);   }

> Also, why can pg_group not be vacuumed? (pg_shadow can.) With all this
> testing, mine is filling up.

> Perhaps related, but just out of curiosity: Why is pg_group a system
> relatation (pg_class.relkind='s')?

That seems wrong, wrong, wrong --- and it probably explains why VACUUM
won't touch it.  's' is for special relations not system relations, and
pg_group is not special.  I'm surprised it works at all...