Re: [HACKERS] create rule changes table to view ?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] create rule changes table to view ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] create rule changes table to view ?  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I have noticed and lived with this problem for quite a while.

There's nothing in pg_class that tells a table from a view, they're both
"relations". Since a view is implemented as in effect an empty table with
on select rules on it, psql thinks every table with a rule on it is a
view. This is just the output, nothing on the table changes.

A fix would be to display both tables and views as "relation". As far as I
know there is now 100% deterministic way to tell a table from a view. I
think one fine day Jan is going to change that but for now we don't have
to worry about it.

Peter

On Sep 23, Bruce Momjian mentioned:

--