Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >     Attached is a mini patch of the changes I made to the linux_alpha
> > template file. Review and use as you wish. Basically just sets -O2 flag
> > for CFLAGS and also forces the CPU variable to be alpha, so as not to
> > break the alpha specific makefile rules when the alpha processor is
> > get detected as an alphaev5, etc...
> >     Otherwise, everything looks good!
>
> I question the CPU line.  I modified configure to set CPU.  Does the
> template over-ride this?

    Apparently yes, the template definitions override anything that
configure figures out. I didn't know which method would be better,
modifying config.guess to return 'alpha' for CPU no matter what was
exactly was detected (as long as it was still an alpha of some sort) or
force CPU to be 'alpha' in templates. Your choice which way to do it, just
make sure CPU is alpha no matter if it is a UDB (21064), XLT (21164), or
DS20 (21264) that one is compling on.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha