Re: Fw: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Joins and links

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Fw: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Joins and links
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I would just like to point out that as far as I am concerned MVCC is an
> absolutely fantastic thing to have in Postgresql.
>
> Currently we use Interbase which is the only other dbms I know of that
> has MVCC. I have considered MVCC a very important feature in dbms
> applications - now I have support in the free software community it is
> great!
>
> We plan to gradually move all our products from Interbase to Postgresql.
> The availability of Postgresql for windows is critical to that but so is
> the MVCC (and also unicode).

Now the folks over at the PHP project only have to invent some magic way
that enables me to build up transactions over several HTTP requests and
I'll be all set :)
Or somebody else points out some other magic I could use instead.

> So I would like to express my sincere thanks to all those who have done
> the work that has brought us Postgresql 6.5 - it now allows us to
> continue to move our products to being free software/open source.

Oh yeah, me too!

--
Peter Eisentraut
PathWay Computing, Inc.