Re: Fw: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Joins and links

От David Warnock
Тема Re: Fw: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Joins and links
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce and everyone else,

I would just like to point out that as far as I am concerned MVCC is an
absolutely fantastic thing to have in Postgresql.

Currently we use Interbase which is the only other dbms I know of that
has MVCC. I have considered MVCC a very important feature in dbms
applications - now I have support in the free software community it is
great!

We plan to gradually move all our products from Interbase to Postgresql.
The availability of Postgresql for windows is critical to that but so is
the MVCC (and also unicode).

So I would like to express my sincere thanks to all those who have done
the work that has brought us Postgresql 6.5 - it now allows us to
continue to move our products to being free software/open source.

Regards

Dave

> No, I am very excited about MVCC, I just don't expect any statues.
> MVCC is much more important to the user community than any 'network'
> database changes we could make.

Amen to that.

--
David Warnock