Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql

От Darren Ferguson
Тема Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I use a function written in the PLTCL for a recursive stored procedure. It
could be written in PLPG but was written for speed in pltcl and i haven't
got round to updating it yet

Here it is though it might prove some use for you

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_go_up_loc_tree(VARCHAR) RETURNS VARCHAR AS '
    if { $1 == "" } {
        return ""
    }
    set inv_loc_id $1
    append return_list "$inv_loc_id "
    spi_exec -array C "SELECT inv_p_loc_id
                       FROM inv_loc_parents
                       WHERE inv_loc_id=$inv_loc_id" {
         spi_exec "SELECT sp_go_up_loc_tree($C(inv_p_loc_id)) AS parent"
         append return_list "$parent "
    }
    if { ![info exists return_list] } {
        return ""
    }
    return $return_list
' LANGUAGE 'pltcl';

This function returns a tcl list from it and you can basically pass back
whater you want.

TCL List has format { item1 } { item 2 } { item3 }

You could even return a tcl list of lists this would allow you to return
more than one thing i.e.

{ { item1 } { name1 } { description1 } } { { item2 } { name2 } {
description2 } }

This may help or it may not if you haven't used the TCL API and would like
mods written feel free to contact me and i will be most happy to write the
recursive function for you

Darren

Darren Ferguson
Software Engineer