Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql

От Andrew Snow
Тема Re: storing intermediate results from recursive plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> This function returns a tcl list from it and you can
> basically pass back whater you want.
>
> TCL List has format { item1 } { item 2 } { item3 }

Just a quick thought

While this is a fine piece of programming and probably works very well
for those who use it;  when I see something like this I can't help but
feel something is very lacking in these arena of functions returning
sets of data in PostgreSQL.  I can't see how being able to return open
cursors from PL/PGsql functions is going to help much, either..

- Andrew