Re: pg_log deleted - what to do?

От Ralf Tschiersch
Тема Re: pg_log deleted - what to do?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Another idea:

I will see if I can modify the source-code in that way, that the
Transaction-Check will alway show green light. All I want to have is a
clean pg_dump, I don't need updates or so. Once pg_dumped, the ugly patch
can be deactivated, and afer an initdb and inserting this latest dump,
everything goes fine.

Does anybody have an idea which function has to be modified to "fake" the
transaction-status only for the aboce action? I'm not one of the C-gurus
and just starting to browse through the code, but I think it might work.

If anybody laughs, please let me know to save ma time! Answers welcome!

Ralf

PS: If it works, I promise to set the pg_dump-cronjob to hourly and to
spent money on an adequate machine which can handle that load. And to put
the postgresql-Logo on one of the corresponding web-pages ;-)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Can the user rename the /data directory, do initdb, save the pg_log
> > file, move the old /data back into place, add the new pg_log, and do a
> > backup of his data?
>
> My understanding is that pg_log contains flags about which transactions
> have committed, from which is inferred what tuples are valid.  So
> theoretically you could set "all transactions have committed" in pg_log
> and pick out the tuples you like from the tables (after having gotten past
> the horribly corrupted indexes).  But that seems like a pretty complicated
> undertaking in any case.
>

> --
> Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Сообщение: Re: pg_log deleted - what to do?
Сообщение: Re: pg_log deleted - what to do?