Re: Smalltalk driver

От bruce_badger
Тема Re: Smalltalk driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
The libraries are currently slated to be released under the LGPL.  I
understand that PostgreSQL is under a BSD license, so would the use of
LGPL for the Smalltalk stuff be a problem?

The libraries take the form of "parcels".  These are files which can be
loaded into either development or run-time VisualWorks "images" (running
Smalltalk environments.  Once in an image, the classes in the library are
available for use, typically by application classes.  A non-commercial
version of visualworks can be downloaded from here:  http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk/vwdownload.asp.

The same parcels can be used regardles of where the image is being run -
currently the non-commercial version of VisualWorks runs on Windoze and
Linux (commercial versions also run on Solaris, HPUX, Mac etc..).

Currently, I have the parcels in tar file, and you are most welcome to the
current version.  "Installing" the libraries simply means putting them on
the target machine such that they can be loaded (read) by a running
VisualWorks image.  Once loaded the libraries will be rready for use -
there are test methods that can be run to check that everything works.

The project page is here:  http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/PostgreSQL+EXDI

What next?

All the best,Bruce