Re: Vacuum problem in my system ?

От Rostislav Opocensky
Тема Re: Vacuum problem in my system ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Fabrice Scemama wrote:

> No core dump could be found within the data/base/*
> directories. The cron is executed by user root,
> but on my system root is a PostgreSQL superuser.

Well, the problem here might be in the fact that root usually has its
ulimit -c (the maximum size of core files created) set to 0.  This
effectively disables core dumping.  You can check this by issuing
ulimit -c

as root.  Setting it to a reasonably large size via
ulimit -c 1000000

just before the vacuumdb command should resolve it.  Running postmaster as
root is a dangerous idea from a security point of view, but it's well
documented so you probably know what you are doing ;-)

Orbis

--
Rostislav Opocensky <orbis@pictus.org> <orbis@unreal.cz> +420 411 825144
Unreal Technology sro., Dobrin 118, 41301 Roudnice n. L. +420 411 825111