Re: [SQL] moving DB

От Christopher Sawtell
Тема Re: [SQL] moving DB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sat, 12 Jul 2036, rocael@usa.net wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> well, can somebody tell me how to move a DB (e.g. I have a DB named  NET in
> PC1 under pg6.5.3 and I want to put it in PC2 under pg7.0)
> should I copy just the data/base/NET/ directory and the paste it in the
> data/base of the PC2...

No, No, don't do that.
pg7.x cannot read databases created by pg6.5.3

> which are the exactly steps...
>
> :o) thanx

use pg_dumpall on PC1 and then read it back in on the other system.

pg_dumpall -o > db.out   # on PC1

move the db.out file to PC2 in whatever way is appropriate.

psql -e template1 < db.out   # on PC2

--
Sincerely etc.,

 NAME       Christopher Sawtell - iOpen Technologies Ltd.
 CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
 ICQ UIN    45863470
 EMAIL      chris @ iopen . co . nz,  csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
 WWW        http://www.iopen.co.nz
 CNOTES     ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

 -->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me <<--