v6.4.2 backend crashing on certain sql stmts

От gjerde@icebox.org
Тема v6.4.2 backend crashing on certain sql stmts
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I've been running v6.4.2 for a while, and it's been running great.
Recently I destroyed my database and recreated them(i wanted to change
some fields).

This is on Linux 2.0.35 i386.

Now I get this error, but only on certain statements:
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.

My tables:
Database    = customers
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 |  Owner           |             Relation             |   Type   |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 | postgres         | currentuser                      | table    |
 | postgres         | currentuser_id_seq               | sequence |
 | postgres         | currentuser_pkey                 | index    |
 | postgres         | memberaccess                     | table    |
 | postgres         | memberaccess_id_seq              | sequence |
 | postgres         | memberaccess_pkey                | index    |
 | postgres         | members                          | table    |
 | postgres         | members_pkey                     | index    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+

This is a normal query:
customers=> select * from memberaccess;
id|memberid|access
--+--------+-----------
 1|       1|parts
 2|       1|mcrd
[snip - normal info]

Another normal query:
customers=> select * from members;
[snip - normal info]

This is the query that breaks:
SELECT memberaccess.access
            FROM memberaccess
            WHERE memberaccess.MemberID = members.ID
              AND members.username LIKE 'gjerde';

This last query will give the error message on top.
The sql statements to create my tables are below.

Thanks,
Ole Gjerde
System Administrator
Avsupport Inc.