Re: any proper benchmark scripts?

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: any proper benchmark scripts?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 18 Apr 2001, Clayton Cottingham aka drfrog wrote:

> i will recomp both the newest postgresql and  mysql
> not using any optimizing techs at all i'll post the
> config scripts i use

Hiya Clayton,

Try it with a few hundred thousand tuples in a good size table with
say 300 users banging on the box.  MySQL is a nice substitute for
Access but that's about it.

Not to mention missing features:  views and foreign keys for
example...and have a look at the API...yuck.  I always hear people
complain (MySQL fans) about Pg not having DROP COLUMN in its SQL
implementation.  To me a VIEW is slightly more important.  ;-)

(Trying hard not to be obnoxious here but failing.  Comparing MySQL
to Pg is like comparing windows to BSD...and I just can't apologise
for calling it like I see it!)

Cheers!
Tom (the most obnoxious man in Staten Island?)

Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Database Administrator                          Phone:  718-354-5528
Staten Island Region                            Mobile: 917-282-7359