SQL error in PostgreSQL 6.5.3

От Bradford Hovinen
Тема SQL error in PostgreSQL 6.5.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to enter the following query from a Perl script:

insert into messages (subject, cc_addr, priority, owner_id, date_sent,
reply_to_addr, to_addr, date_stored, body, from_addr, id) values ('Re:
Unplugging pessimism', '', '3', '1048578', 'Thu, 07 Oct 1999 08:04:46
-0700', '', 'Peter Herz <peter@websocietyinc.com>', 'now', 'Thanks Peter
-- and thanks for passing that on to Slashdot. Glad you liked
it, it\'s a very rich topic.

Janelle

----------
>From: Peter Herz <peter@websocietyinc.com>
>To: janelle@salon.com
>Subject: Unplugging pessimism
>Date: Thu, Oct 7, 1999, 2:38 AM
>

>Janelle,
>
>Wonderful article! I especially enjoyed your inference towards the end.
>
>- Peter Herz

', '"Janelle Brown" <janelle@mail.salonmagazine.com>', '1048628')

When I run it from the Perl script, it results in the error `parameter
unknown'. However, when I paste it in an xterm and invoke it in the
command line client, it works perfectly. Any ideas what might be causing
that?

I'm running PostgreSQL 6.5.3 with DBI 1.06 and DBD::Pg 0.93 on Perl
5.00503 all on Red Hat Linux 6.0. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Bradford Hovinen

"Prudence is a rich, ugly old maid courted by Incapacity."

        - William Blake, "Proverbs of Hell," 1793