Re: [GENERAL] Table corruption and other questions

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Table corruption and other questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Miguel Montes wrote:
>     I'm using postgresql 6.5.1 with Linux Mandrake 6.1. I have two cases
> of table corruption related to hardware failure.

If the table itself is really messed up it can be tough to fix.
Sometimes it is possible to do a pg_dump of the table and reload --
otherwise it is a restore from the back-ups.

However, if you have indexes on the table, try dropping them all and
re-building them. I have never actually seen a corrupted table, but
index corruption with Postgres does occur. Also check for inidexes that
you may not have knowingly created, such as *_pkey or *_key ffor
primary_key or unique fields.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Adriaan