Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Part II

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Part II
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Okay, I downloaded 6.5 postgreSQL and installed it.  Then I went into the
> jdbc directory, set my PATH and CLASSPATH to point to jdk 1.1.7 and built
> the interface.  Then I changed my PATH and CLASSPATH to point to JDK 1.2.  I
> typed `make` again.  The build went fine.  Then I built my test program that
> uses JDBC and ran it and got this error:
>
> Exception caught: The postgresql.jar file does not contain the correct JDBC
> classes for this JVM. Try rebuilding.
> Exception thrown was java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> postgresql.jdbc2.Connection
>
> What did I do wrong?  When I compile and run the program with the JDK 1.1.7
> it runs fine.

There is an issue with some JVM's where the java.version property doesn't
begin with a version number (usually they have a date).

When running under JDK1.2, try it with -Djava.version=1.2

ie:
java -Djava.version=1.2 my.class

Peter

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk