Re: [HACKERS] 8K block limit

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 8K block limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Ken Mort wrote:

> Already asked this in the other lists so here.
>
> I need to store some polygons that are larger than 8K.
> I was reading in hackers archives talk about a solution
> to the 8K limit. Was anything done? If so, what do I
> need to do to solve my problem?

There is an option that can be set at compile time to set the block size
from 8k to something like 32 or 64K (not sure which).

Note: Changing the block size may have a performance hit however.

Another way is to break the polygons down into smaller pieces.

Peter

--      Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf