Help for running initdb

От Randy Singh
Тема Help for running initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi !!

When I run initdb, an error comes like this:

[postgres@oak postgres]$ initdb
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input
to create the template database.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create
the global classes.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authentication control file.
We are initializing the database system with username postgres
(uid=100).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.
Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating Postgres database system directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
initdb: creating template databasein
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1       syntax error 2305 : parse error
Creating global classes in /base
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
Adding template1 database to pg_database...
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1 <
/tmp/create
.15280
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
initdb: could not log template database
initdb: cleaning up.
[postgres@oak postgres]$

Please suggest what I have to run initdb successfully. I would really
appriciate your help.

Thanks,

Randy.