Re: [HACKERS] Problems with >2GB tables on Linux 2.0

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Problems with >2GB tables on Linux 2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 wrote:

>     > Anyhow, I'm about to start the test, using RELSEG_SIZE set to
> 243968 which
>     > works out to be 1.6Gb. That should stay well away from the
> overflow problem.
>
> How about using 1 Gb. A lot of Unices have the ulimit set to 1 Gb by
> default.
> It would also be nice for the looks, easy to calculate size, nicer to
> storage managers,
> etc ....

Could be an idea.

How about making it a compile time option (like the blocksize), defaulting
to 1Gb?

Peter

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?
От: Peter T Mount
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Problems with >2GB tables on Linux 2.0