Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I like this approach. However, when d we stop maintaining the old version? I
> think there are still people using 6.3 who cannot simply upgrade to 6.4. So
> do we create 6.3.3 too? Or are there no open bug reports on 6.3 anymore?

We keep releasing versions until no show-stopper bugs exist.

6.4.* had one on COPY bug that Jan is fixing.  The others have
workarounds, and we are so quick at pointing people to these
work-arounds, I don't think they warrant a new release.

We get so many improvements with each release, it is tough to back-patch
those into the tree.  At some point, the 6.3.* tree would match the
6.4.* tree.

Pennsylvania19026