Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ResultSet.getDate

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ResultSet.getDate
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > I am thinking on re-working the date handling for PostgreSQL 6.5, as
> > I'm still seeing problems with them.
>
> Anything we should consider doing on the server side to help??

Not sure. The first thing I'm thinking of, is removing the datestyle
support, and having the driver set a datestyle to one (probably ISO)
during the connect. AFAIK, the ODBC driver uses a similar scheme?

This should reduce the size of the driver a little, and remove the number
of places where this error could occur.

If we still have problems, how about an internal datestyle for use by
interfaces only (like JDBC & ODBC)?

Peter

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk