Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 09:26:07AM +0100, Karel Zak - Zakkr wrote:
> > I would like write "number" version of the to_char/from_char. It probably
> > allow convert string with non-PostgreSQL's numbers (with arbitrary
> > separators etc.) to standard numbers. But I have it in the head now only:-)
> > (it will available in 7.0).
>
> Sorry, but I don't like that. SQL does ask numbers to use '.' as decimal
> point and not ','.

Uf, what say I about decimal point ',' in (internal) SQL? Nothing...

To_char() is a standard SQL function (see Oracle) which allow you formatting
*output* (example via traditional form for you native language
(Spanish,Czech..)) or (vice versa) allow you read this formated string and
convert it to the *standard* SQL form.

I not want change decimal point in tables, I want feature which allow me
convert it to my lang. What is bad on this?

And.. to_char() is not about decimal point only (it is only a one feature).
                    Karel