Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 12:29:06PM +0100, Karel Zak - Zakkr wrote:
> Uf, what say I about decimal point ',' in (internal) SQL? Nothing...

Oops, sorry. I see I misunderstood you.

> To_char() is a standard SQL function (see Oracle) which allow you formatting
> *output* (example via traditional form for you native language
> (Spanish,Czech..)) or (vice versa) allow you read this formated string and
> convert it to the *standard* SQL form.

Sure.

> I not want change decimal point in tables, I want feature which allow me
> convert it to my lang. What is bad on this?
>
> And.. to_char() is not about decimal point only (it is only a one feature).

Nothing wrong with this. Just my understanding of your mail was wrong.
Shouldn't reply to mails while in talking to someone on the phone. :-)

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!