Re: [GENERAL] Stuck in a vacuum.

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Stuck in a vacuum.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Vadim Mikheev wrote:

Vadim - thanks very much for the reply!  Sorry to take up your time on
this...

Dobri vecher,
Tom

> > 1) what causes bufmgr.c to barf and kill vacuum when something is returned
> > as `-2', ie `PINNED'?
>
> Buffer was pinned by someone, but shouldn't be. This could be caused
> by buffer leak problem. It's known that FATAL may cause buffer leak.
> Did you see FATALs before vacuum?
>

> > 2) how alarmed should I be?
>
> Shouldn't. No damage is expected in this case.
>

> > 3) is there a recommended fix (and/or a deprecated fix? ;-)  How can I avoid
>
> Stop postmaster. Sure that there is no backend running.
> Start postmaster. vacuum.

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */