Re: [GENERAL] Stuck in a vacuum.

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Stuck in a vacuum.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Good wrote:

> Vadim  - any chance I can get my question answered?  It is slightly more
> than academic to me as we now have several Pg production databases running
> here in my shop...I know you're busy but I am *not* a C programmer and altho
> I've read your listing I am still in the dark.

Sorry. Well.

> 1) what causes bufmgr.c to barf and kill vacuum when something is returned
> as `-2', ie `PINNED'?

Buffer was pinned by someone, but shouldn't be. This could be caused
by buffer leak problem. It's known that FATAL may cause buffer leak.
Did you see FATALs before vacuum?

> 2) how alarmed should I be?

Shouldn't. No damage is expected in this case.

> 3) is there a recommended fix (and/or a deprecated fix? ;-)  How can I avoid

Stop postmaster. Sure that there is no backend running.
Start postmaster. vacuum.

Vadim