Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...

От Benjamin Gonay
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Dan Delaney wrote:
> Hi all.
>    I'd like to set up a DB using postgreSQL to archive a
> mailing list. How would I go about getting all of the mail
> sent to the list to be automatically entered into the
> database when it is sent? I assume I would need to set up an
> email address for the list to send to, something like
> "archive@blahblah.org", but what would I need to do to get
> it into the database? Something in sendmail? Use procmail?
> Any ideas?
>
>  --Dan

  I'm using procmail to treat some incoming mails, and i'll never
though to use it to 'import' incoming mails into a database system,
but this is a very great idea... :-)  Procmail is very easy to
use an to install. All the work is done by the script behind procmail.
So, with a bit of imagination (for the SQL script), this would'nt be
very hard to implement. I can provide you more info about procmail
(out of this mailing list, of course). Contact me if you want more
about this.

Thanks for your idea...!!!  :-)
Cybersalutations.
Benjamin Gonay
_/        Email internet : Benjamin.Gonay@ltlg1.is.belgacom.be           _/
_/  ~~ Soyons realistes, exigeons l'impossible.    (E. Che Guevara)  ~~  _/
_/  linux forever...Linux Forever...LINUX Forever...LINUX FOREVER !!!!!  _/

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Getting input from email...