RE: [GENERAL] slow queries

От Howie
Тема RE: [GENERAL] slow queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> > seems that by creating a view ( with the query i mentioned before ),
> > my
> > queries were sped up by roughly 10 seconds... odd odd odd.
> >
> Not really so odd when you think of everything the backend has to do to
> process a query.  Parsing, planning, and optimizing (not necessarily in
> that order) can be very costly.  A view basically skips most of those
> three steps.

all thats taken out is the parsing bit.  the planning and optimizing still
must be done ( unless its done when the view is/was created ), yesno ?
the view should still hit the indexes created for the underlying tables,
right ?

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
        "Oh my god, they killed init!  YOU BASTARDS!"