Re: Postgresql JDBC driver compliance

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Postgresql JDBC driver compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Kelvin SIN wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> According to the JDBC documentation from java.sun.com, a JDBC driver is
> JDBC compliant if it is SQL 92 complaint and passes the JDBC compliance
> test. I think Postgresql is a subset of SQL92, but is it still JDBC
> compliant?

It isn't yet for two reasons:

1) CallableStatement is not implemented at all yet

2) I'm not sure if it would be compliant as we only support a subset of
   SQL92.

> I am working in a client server project that connects to
> postgresql and I need to find out how many of the JDBC APIs can be used,
> especially the getCursor() method under the Connection class. Thanks.

Currently getCursor() simply returns the string passed to the Connection
by the setCursor() method.

I think that (in JDBC) cursors need looking into.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk