Multiple table selection.

От Colin Dick
Тема Multiple table selection.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,
    I am new to the more complex SQL statements and I am having
trouble creating the statement I need.

    I have two tables:

table a            table b
-------                 -------
idnum (unique)        idnum (unique)
firstname        phone
lastname        fax

I want to be able to search the table for any value (sometimes multiple
values) and bring back all the information for all tables with the same
idnum. Would a query similar to the following do it.

select a.idnum, a.firstname, a.lastname, b.phone from a, b where
a.firstname='bob' and b.fax='123-4567' and (a.idnum=b.idnum);

Does that statement make sense?  Or can someone make a suggestion to help
me acclomplish the task.  Thadvanceanks...

--
Colin Dick
On Call Internet Services

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: