Error in initdb

От Pedro Aguilar
Тема Error in initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, last week I had a problem while compiling postgres 6.3.2 with Linux RH
5.0, the problem was that I didn't have the latest version of bison, and
it didn't work with yacc (I do not know why). I just download the bison
rpm and installed it with the flags -i --force and it works perfectly.
(Thanks to Thomas Lockhart)

But now I have other problem. When I have to create the default database
with initdb shows the next error message:

$ initdb: creating template database in
  /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
$ Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
$ WARN:heap_modifytuple: repl is \-11
$ initdb: could not create template database
$ initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

And it does nothing more. I don't know what it is the reason.
I have followed all the steps of the INSTALL file. The previous step is
edit the /etc/ld.so.conf and then ldconfig but it seems to do nothing.

Thanks.

                    Pedro Aguilar Iniestra
                    paguilar@linux.ccm.itesm.mx