Re: syntax error 44 : ->

От Matthew Hixson
Тема Re: syntax error 44 : ->
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Matthew Hixson <hixson@poindextrose.org> writes:
> > Here's a problem I have with 7.1 final that I don't see with 7.1rc4.  When
> > I do an initdb with 7.1 I get
>
> > syntax error 44 : ->
>
> 7.1rc4 and 7.1 final are practically indistinguishable.  I think you
> messed up and initdb'd with something else.

That's what I thought at first too.  I have done both of them three times
now.  Every time 7.1 fails, and 7.1rc4 succeeds.  That was also part of my
confusion in the versioning.  It seemed to me that 7.1rc4 was a patch
level to 7.1 because 7.1 appears to be broken.

> The symptoms look rather like a bug we fixed back in January; is it
> possible you were using a beta1 or earlier copy?

I used to have 6.5.3 or some other earlier version installed on this
machine, but I'm pretty sure I successfully removed it.  Maybe I still
have some cruft laying around that 7.1 sees, but 7.1rc4 does not...?  Any
ideas?
  -M@