Re: locale & glibc 2.2.2

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: locale & glibc 2.2.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > Which case-sensitivity issue?  The one about table and column names?  Or
> > a different one? (sitting confused in Pisgah Forest)

> I remember there were some issues about someone claiming glibc was broken
> (with LANG set to anything but C/POSIX, because it will sort this way

Oh, ok.  That goes as far back as glibc 2.1, and first reared its head
with Red Hat 6.1.  While I've not tested it, I had heard that glibc
2.2.2 'fixed' this. The initscript now explicitly sets locale to C/POSIX
for the initdb and the postmaster startup for the RPM, as the locale
setting can cause other problems with indexes and the LIKE optimization
(although IthinkTom made it where the backend would do the Right Thing
and not optimize in the presence of a non-POSIX locale, but I don't
remember the details).  Time for me to revisit the issue -- after I
finish getting my office and servers moved this week and next.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio